- This event has passed.
Australian Extracellular Vesicles Conference 2018
November 14, 2018 - November 16, 2018
The aim of the 2018 Australasian Extracellular Vesicles conference is to bring together researchers working on extracellular vesicles (EVs) such as exosomes, microvesicles, microparticles and other vesicles. Worldwide, there has been a surge of interest in EV research over the last several years. The conference provides a unique opportunity to engage in discussion, exchange ideas and information, and learn about the latest developments and technologies in the field of EVs. The meeting will feature national and international speakers, with plenty of opportunities for talks from submitted abstracts. We encourage students and early career researchers to submit abstracts and participate in the meeting. We also plan to hold workshop events prior to the conference, focusing on key developments in the field.
Topics covered at the meeting included all aspects of EV research ranging from the cell biology surrounding their biogenesis, to their functional roles in inter-cellular communication and disease, and as potential diagnostics and therapeutics. Select topics will include:
- Biogenesis and Intercellular Communication
- Ageing, Cancer, Parasite-Host interaction, Pregnancy, Physiology, Tissue Repair, and Thrombosis
- Extracellular vesicle composition (lipidomics, proteomics, transcriptomics)
- Heterogeneity, Isolation, Purification, and Characterisation-
- Understanding mechanism and function
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Development
- Extracellular Nucleic Acids (lnc, nc, etc.)
- Quality Control and Standardisation